Staff – Our Classroom Assistants

Who are our classroom assistants?

These are the people who help out our mentors in some of our busiest classrooms! Many of them are previous graduates of Keewaytinook Internet High School.

Get to know them below!

John George McKay, Fort Severn

Boozhoo, Wachiye!

My name is John George Mckay. I am originally from Fort Severn First Nation.  Prior to moving back to my home community I had lived in Thunder Bay, Ontario.

I am a KiHS graduate from the Fort William Classroom. Then I took the opportunity to work as a classroom assistant for our Fort Severn Classroom. This year will be my 5th year in total returning to work for KiHS.

It is quite exciting to be back in the Fort Severn classroom and I’m very much looking forward to what this new school year will bring. I wish everyone at KiHS another year full of success! 

Jenna Williamson, Fort William

Boozhoo! My name is Jenna Williamson. My preferred pronouns are Her/She I was born and raised in Fort Frances, Ontario. Iskatewizgagegan #39 Is my homelands in Treaty 3 territory.

I currently live in Thunder Bay and work in the Fort William classroom. I am a KiHS graduate of the Fort William classroom. When I’m not at work I enjoy making memories with my son and partner. Beading, Sewing and singing are my most favourite hobbies when I have free time.